Thursday, September 15, 2011

Projection Mapping

So I came across this video randomly earlier on this week and fell in love. Projection mapping is one of the  most interesting things ever in the industry. I honestly have no idea how they do it and if I have the opportunity to do this I will be the most stressed out person ever, but it would be worth a try. In this particular one, they were projecting Ralph Lauren's image with a little skit before putting up a fashion show. The fashion show was being projected as if the models were walking out of the building. It blows my mind how real this looks even with it zoomed up close. Around 3:30, a handbag is being covered with the front of the building in order to make it seem like the hand bag is now inside. Soon after a belt wraps itself around the store and it seriously looked like it was 3D literally wrapped around, you could see around the edges their was depth, so insane! The first few horses seemed to be sort of floating a little bit then the rest were on the "ledge", but I still think it is amazing. Around 6 minutes a spot light circles the building and it could fool anyone whether that was the actual building or not. My favorite part was when the "photograph" part came up. The depth in the over lapping frames was tackled phenomenally. At the end, Ralph Lauren himself pops out of a window and waves to the crowd, looked so real that I am going to pretend it was. Rumor has it, we get a chance to mess with projection mapping. I honestly do not want to get my hopes up because it seems like the most tedious and most ridiculously stressful thing ever, but we will just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment