Friday, September 2, 2011

MUSE 2010 Light Show

I am still on edge whether I am more of an audio or lighting person, but one thing I love most about lighting is LED wall shows and projection mapping (I believe they might of used projection mapping on the towers before the reveal???) The insanity that Muse's production team pulled off at their tour last year was amazing. I went to their show in Houston and I remember almost crying in happiness because the intro was keeping us all on the edge of our seats and so thrilling. The awesome part about the video that I posted below is that it captures up close the laser and mirror trick one of the band members was doing on his platform right after the reveal. My friend I was with did not know the band's music so well so she was not super thrilled during the transition right before they came on but it is so crazy how something like that can make anyone get lost in the performance including my friend I was with. It is very cool how each member has their own two little spots over looking them on their platforms because as a whole I love when only the members are individually lit. I noticed the lights are mainly white and shades of blue, but it definitely works perfectly with the red LEDs from the towers they are on. The royal blues at the beginning I feel are such a good color choice for building up the audience’s excitement so I am definitely going to mess around with that color in lab!



No comments:

Post a Comment